Friday, January 21, 2011

A Day of Cooking


Today was my first day off since I started classes this week. To wind down what was a pretty relaxing start to my last semester in college I decided to cook something I don't have time to cook through out the week. (Plus I get to put aside my thesis work just a little longer!) I went to my go-to college cookbook, Martha Stewart's Great Food Fast. This seems to be the staple book for me when it comes to cooking. My mother's base book is the Joy of Cooking, for others it's Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking. To me, it's a book with good food, fast and with a picture next to the recipe! (Hey, I'm a visual person). What I learned today: cook books lie. A recipe's estimated time is never accurate. This soup's recipe I made says it take 20 minutes prep time. Peeling carrots alone was 10! Never trust a cook book with time. Just make sure you've got plenty of time to enjoy the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment