Thursday, July 14, 2011

The End of an Era - Beginning of a Legend


Over twenty years ago JK Rowling began to write the story of Harry Potter. We all know the story, so I won't go into detail. But, fast forward to July 2011, when Harry Potter premiers it's last of eight films. Yes tonight is the night. Harry has become a phenomenon and has been a part of many of us. Through books, movies, toys, food and even a theme park, it is foolish not to acknowledge the impact JK Rowling's world has had on us.

All of this would not have been the success it is today if it weren't for the fans it has created. Yes, most of the time I question the passion a lot of fans have - camping out at movie premiers, dressing up at every occasion, purchasing every possible piece of memorabilia - but today, just a few hours from the last movie, I have immersed myself in this extremist fan base. This week I wasn't just an avid reader of the book, a faithful follower of the movies and someone thankful for JK Rowling's world. No, this week, my world revolved around Harry's quest to destroy Voldemort. I rewatched all six movies, reread the book, and followed every media source covering the last battle. I purchased my movie tickets, put on my Gryffindor shirt and I'm ready for tonight.

Tonight is not only the culmination of a long awaited story, but it is also the time we must say thank you to all the fans who took there own creative minds and joined the Potter world. Here are some of my old, new and favorite fan pieces pertaining to the world of the boy who lived.


The Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Even at London's premier, as Alan Rickman walked down the red carpet, the crowd went wild, "Snape, Snape, Severus Snape, Snape, Snape...."


HELLO: Harry Potter Book of Mormon Parody
- Book of Mormon meets Harry's friends.


Harry Potter: Marchin On - I'll have to admit, I've seen this video multiple times, and every time it gets to me.


Harry Potter Movies By The Numbers, An Infographic




And these are just a few graphs my friend Abbyella shared with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment