Friday, July 1, 2011

A Much Neglected Blog

It's been almost three months since I posted on this blog, so it's about time I get back to writing and sharing my thoughts with my few readers. The past few months have been both busy and quite free, so actually there is no excuse why I've been a bad blogger. So instead of writing a series of posts, I'll bring you up to date through one post.

Personally I have...

...finished my thesis. Well, at least I presented a successful thesis which was received mostly well by my critics (turns out I want to rework it some more, and I should be done by the end of the end of next week). Thesis Review was much more simple than expected. I was scheduled to present mid-morning, but due to my classmate's lack of organization I presented first to just a few critics: my two professors, my two advisers and a guest critic, who was much less terrifying than when he taught me in first year.

...graduated. Yes, five years at Pratt have come and gone. As much of a cliché, it does feel like I started just yesterday. Maybe I am wiser, more mature, and ready to become an architect, but to me, it seem like I just got started. As much as I try to stay positive, the ceremony itself was quite uneventful and anticlimactic . I expect Pratt to step up for my friends' upcoming graduation in the next few years (Barclay Center, could the rumors be true?)

...I turned 24 - oh, hello mid-twenties! My birthday was uneventful, part of my roommate's graduation weekend, so I took a step back and made sure it was her weekend. Some of my friends from Mexico did celebrate me later on in the week which made it into a simple happy birthday week.

...kept strong as I look for a job. This job market really is terrible, but I'm determined to stay in New York and start my career here. Wish me luck.

I wish everybody a happy and restful Fourth of July Weekend! Go out and enjoy the outdoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment